Tuesday, June 12, 2007

worrying side effects

Went and had my jab for hay fever. Doctor gave me a rather serious look and went through the list of possible side effects, basically saying that taking large doses of steroids was not a great idea in the long term, and suggesting I try a new treatment next year (this year didn't suit because you have to take them two months before hay fever season) OK says I, and bared my buttock for the needle (they really do earn their money, these women). Mission accomplished, I started to walk home. I hadn't gone 150 metres when I was involved in a bizarre and fatal incident. I was hit on the head by a large chick which fell from a tree I was passing. It fell to the pavement, dead. I went home and checked the literature associated with the medication, but couldn't find any reference to kamikaze chick attack as a side effect. Is this another cover up by the pharmaceutical industry? Your thoughts please.

No comments: