Friday, June 15, 2007

rtfm

Haha! finally figured out how to edit links. Amazingly, this involved clicking on one of the existing links (confusingly named edit me)and following the instructions on how to edit links. Who'd have thought? My approach to technology is to assume it won't work for me even if it's second nature to everyone else. I have difficulty coming to grips with the need to read instructions, preferring to rely on some type of magical intuition to guide me through technology. The fall back position is a selfdeprecating reference to lack of brain power or you can't teach an old dog new tricks. l largely thought myself to play the guitar from the age of fifteen or thereabouts, primarily from watching and listening to others playing, rather than textbooks etc. and I probably use that too much as a reference for learning. Similarly my first exposure to computers was as a temp in the accounts department of a software company about ten years ago. I literally didn't know how to switch the computer on. Luckily there were some really sound people working there who had great patience. Now every little breakthrough is great fun! My next challenge will be to find out what happened to the photo on my profile, wehich disappeared after a couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand and relate to technical ignorance. Little elves hack my computer at night and bugger up all my links and folders. Maybe they stole your photo?

Best 'o luck with the bloggering!