Tuesday, May 22, 2007

aaargh i'm supposed to be grown up.

Evan,my eldest at 20, is heading off for the seemingly mandatory year in Australia today. It seems to have crept up on me. I mean, when did my baby boy get to this level of independence? It seems like yesterday i was off touring around Europe trying to find myself, only to wake up one morning to find I have a son the same age I was, embarking on a trip i wouldn't have dreamt of back then. Should I start to behave more conservatively and leave the devil-may-care attitude to those young and fit enough to carry it off? Have I been behaving more conservatively for years unbeknownst to myself? Is this where the mid-life crisis kicks in? If so, please shoot me if you see me wedged into a small convertable car in the next decade or so.

No comments: