Tuesday, August 28, 2007

it's not getting any easier

Another birthday last weekend, got a package from eldest son on his year in Australia. He sent me a wooly bobble hat to rub in the fact that our summer is over. He's using the money earned from making chicken nuggets wisely, having bought a bicycle and a surfboard so far. My eldest daughter (13) bought me the new Harry Potter book and my darling wife bought me a couple of shirts with the lines in the direction that are supposed to disguise the fuller figure, (haven't had my bum pinched by any nubile young wans since, so i don't think they're working). Watched some of the rugby of late and have come to the following conclusions:
Connacht should be in the world cup instead of Scotland.
Munster should be there instead of USA
France are cruising without firing on all cylinders yet.
Ireland sould move their training base to Lourdes immediately.

1 comment:

Bock the Robber said...

Ah, birthdays. Heavy sigh.

Still, though, it's nice to know the kids don't want you in a nursing home. Yet.